IBM connections 6.0 is fresh off the oven, released on 27 March and opens up a new world of opportunities in enterprise social collaboration. We took the IBM connections 6.0 for a test drive and explored the brand-new features.
The latest version of Connections will bring new capabilities to enterprise social networks for a simpler collaboration across the workforce and employee onboarding experience. Connections 6 also integrates with IBM Cloud Object Storage, providing companies an ability to scale their storage needs with their employee’s usage while improving storage costs.
Here are the top six of the most awaited features of IBM Connections 6:
IBM Connections 6.0 has been redesigned to surface the most useful content from the user’s network. This feature leverages a new containerized, API-driven architecture to bring the most relevant information for the user to engage with – providing an interactive experience.
“Orient Me” is a modern digital worker hub that priorities updates based on the user’s behaviors and interactions with their colleagues.
The 6 appeal:-
- Important people and communities always in view
- Prioritized updates based on user behavior and interactions with colleagues
- Updates grouped by person, community or content
- Notification Center available everywhere in IBM Connections
- Modern focused stream
- Important people and communities are always in view
- Updates can be grouped by person, community or content
2.Customizable Modern Communities:
Communities have got a “modern” look and feel on IBM Connections 6. The clean, cards layout and top navigation, and with more options to customize. Community Owners can now have more options when designing their custom Community Homepage. While creating new communities, Community owners can reuse the layouts and designs from an existing community by copying them into the new one.
The 6 appeal:
- Create website-like Community experiences with powerful branding through easy-to-use design tools
- Choose from new layouts and use a horizontal navbar so that the space is best used
- Create new Communities fast by choosing from existing layouts
- Hide a widget but retain its link in the left sidebar
3.Enhanced User Onboarding:
New Users can now be onboarding onto Connections with easy first steps. Without accessing multiple pages and apps, new users would be able to follow colleagues and join communities using steps. Using this “guided tours” feature, first time users can understand the value of the offering via intro screens that describe the experience.
The File app in Connections is simple yet sophisticated in Connections 6. The web interface and the sync feature in the desktop app are simple.
As employees evolve how they communicate and what media they use, file distribution services need to evolve with the workforce. IBM Connections provides a simple to use interface and desktop sync for easy access to files. By providing large file uploads, rich text editor, new preview/editing features in File Viewer and search improvements, users can find and collaborate on files in an environment employees expect.
The 6 appeal:
- Always have the latest copy of your most important files on all your devices
- New folder level sync of your My Files or anyone else’s
- Sort files on multiple analytics
- Supports folder trees and includes MS Office & Windows Explorer drag and drop desktop integration
5.High Power Analytics:
IBM Connections now comes with high-powered analytics that would enable organizations to build a social network within their premises and leverage the power of various channels including blogs, wikis, activity streams and more. Now employees would be able to connect with each other and collaborate using various apps work through a single interface.
6.IBM Cloud Object Storage:
IBM provide hybrid storage sloutions to help organizations to deploy data storage both on-premises and on the public cloud. This enables them to place data where it makes the most sense for their applications and services.
IBM Connections 6.0 at a Glance
The 6 appeal:
-A streamlined, simplified object storage approach that uses the same technology both on-premises and on cloud, making data easier to manage
– The ability to manage unpredictable data growth while also balancing storage costs, location, performance and compliance demands across data sets and applications
– The flexibility to choose which deployment options work best for your data workloads
– Highly adaptive object storage that you can scale and adjust on a workload-by-workload basis