Venkatesh “Venki” Krishnamoorthy
Chief Executive Officer
Venkatesh “Venki” Krishnamoorthy has over 12 years of experience in the dynamic Indian IT industry in some of the biggest companies and markets. He graduated with an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata (IIM – C) – an Ivy league equivalent business school in India sought after by the best of students and employers. He specialized in Information Systems and Marketing while at IIM – C. Venki started his career with Wipro Infotech (NYSE: WIT) where he was evaluated as the best trainee of the batch of B-School recruits. Venki worked in the channel management function of Wipro in the western Indian market of Pune and got national level commendations for his sales performance in selling Apple Macintosh computers and accessories from the very first years of his career. After Wipro, Venki shifted gears and went to work for smaller Indian software companies including Calsoft & Trigent holding responsibilities in Sales, Product Management, Consulting and Project Delivery. After stints in the Silicon Valley and Boston, Venki returned to India to head the operations as the Chief Operating Officer of Photon Infotech – a small software company with a focus on the Indian market. Venki grew Photon to focus on the US and the ASEAN markets.
Client Engagements include:
- Providence Health System – a leading health care organization in the northwestern region of USA. Eprise Corporation
- Eprise Corporation – a leading provider of Content Management tools that has now merged with Divine Corporation (Nasdaq: DVIN)
- EF Foundation for Foreign Study – a not for profit organization specializing in student exchanges.
- Cultural Care Au Pair – a not for profit organization specializing in coordination between host families and Au Pairs
- Centillium Communications – a fabless DSL/VoIP chip manufacturer. (Nasdaq: CTLM)
- Englishtown – the leading provider of online English educational courses
- Cahners (Reed Business) – a leading trade publication conglomerate
Gayathri “Gaay” Viswanathan
Chief Knowledge Officer
Gayathri “Gaay” Viswanathan has nearly 12 years of experience in software development, definition and improvement of software processes, project management and solutions delivery to a global clientele. She graduated with a B.Tech from Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences (BITS – Pilani), by far the preeminent engineering school in the private sector in India. Gaay started her career in IBM Global Services in India and worked on some of their most prestigious clients including Honda Corporation. She was also involved in the software process improvement activities in IBM and was part of the core team that was responsible for improving the IBM processes to the Level 5 of the Capability Maturity Model (SEI CMM Level 5). Gaay worked on assignment with Earley & Associates – a Boston based Lotus Notes consulting firm and during this association she worked on multiple complex projects on Lotus Notes. Gaay worked in PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PWC) as a senior consultant in Boston helping manage PWC’s global web presence, their content management issues, publishing processes and workflows and other knowledge management issues. Most recently Gaay headed the Indian operations of Roxer, a subsidiary of Infravio, Inc. and helped with development and testing of multiple applications using J2EE and Web Services technologies. Gaay has worked extensively on multiple platforms and technologies including Lotus Notes/Domino, Java, J2EE, Web Services, Linux, C++ and Microsoft suite of technologies.
Client Engagements include:
- Honda Corporation of Japan for their Bill of Materials Management
- IBM FM – a product focused on product data management
- Global Web Team – a division of PWC involved in managing the numerous internal and external web sites across the Americas, EMEA and Asia.
- Lotus Corporation – for consulting on their training materials for LearningSpace product.
- Beth Israel Deaconnes Hospital, Boston – for their patient information faxing solutions.
- Agfa Corporation, Wilmington, MA.
General Manager – Finance
Sampath Kumar comes to Maarga with more than 17 years of experience of which 15 years have been with the IT industry. Sampath an ICWAI candidate has been with organizations such as DSRC & Naturesoft and has been instrumental in incorporating multiple companies during his career. Sampath with his keen analytical brain brings a detail oriented approach to all the deals handled by him and has been successfully handling the admin, finance and accounting responsibilities within Maarga.