As a Service Manager/Infrastructure Head, you are always on the look out to increase the ROI on Lotus Domino. Here are 5 little steps which will help you in your endeavor.
- Bring Notes Mail right into your pocket even while adhering to Corporate Policies on sensitive data with IBM Lotus Notes Traveler Software. Notes Traveler provides you with support across different mobile device platforms – such as Apple IOS, Google’s Android 2.x and 3.x, Nokia Symbian and Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.x. It empowers your employees and keeps them linked via email, calendar and contacts.
- Kick start Social 2.0 initiatives using default IBM Lotus Domino Templates (Blogs & Wikis)
- Secure your Lotus Domino IDs & ease User Management with ID Vault in Lotus Notes/Domino 8.5. ID Vault allows you to natively and securely recover and reset passwords, rename users and recover lost IDs. It even allows you to synchronize multipe ID copies and allows for Re-issuing of keys.
- Optimize the Disk size of Domino server with Domino Attachment Object Service (DAOS) . DAOS can be used when your company is hosting cluster servers with several hundreds of Gigabytes of data. It shares identical attachments between databases on the same Domino Server by making a single copy of the attachment available on the file system with documents referring to them on disk. Make sure that your application development team is involved in this initiative.
- Improve Quality of IT service with ease using Domino Domain Monitoring (DDM) – Lotus. DDM allows you to automate problem determination and helps you to zero in on the probable cause very quickly. It has more than fifty new probes with highly-configurable schedules and targets which give you great monitoring capabilities. These probes which can work across multiple servers consolidate and report information on a collection server in the DDM database.