IBM Connections is an Enterprise Social Platform from IBM that enables organisations to embrace social collaboration and integrate social with business processes to achieve maximum business value. It helps employees to network, identify peers and collaborate with each other to provide maximum productivity. Connections can also be used to engage with customers and help in providing better value to them.
ConnectionsDeck is a personal IBM Connections dashboard for your IBM Connections developed by Maarga that will help you to easily monitor all your connections data on a single window. You can also view all your favourite feeds from external sites and also feeds from any XPages application. We are excited to bring you ConnectionsDeck that will elevate your IBM Connections experience.
What is ConnectionsDeck?
- ConnectionsDeck is an universal personal dashboard that runs on your IBM Connections server that can bring any feed on to a single window
- It was inspired by TweetDeck, a Twitter client with column based user interface
- ConnectionsDeck is built on WebSphere and runs along with your IBM Connections
- It can bring in feeds from activity streams, bookmarks from people who you follow
- It gives instant updates from communities that you follow on your IBM Connections
- Multiple RSS Feeds from external sites can also be added to ConnectionsDeck
Benefits of ConnectionsDeck
- Runs on IBM Connections Server along with your Connections
- Highly flexible single window dashboard and every column can be personalised according to your preferences
- Support for multiple RSS feeds in the same column
- Ability to bring in any feed from an XPages application
- Light weight and doesn’t hog the performance of your Connections Server
- Support for two eye catching themes and can be switched at the stroke of a button